Covid-19 Instructions & Expectation for Your Eye Exam
Instrucciones y expectaciones para su examen
Before eye exam:
- If an updated questionnaire is required, you will receive an email with a questionnaire and HIPAA form for you to fill out BEFORE your appointment. You may email it back (preferred) or bring a printout the day of your appointment. The forms are also available on here.
- Send a PHOTO of the front and back of your Primary Medical Insurance Card (i.e. Kaiser, Blue Cross, Anthem, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org or text it to 510-614-2020.
- You will be required to wear a face mask at ALL TIMES during the ENTIRE visit, so please come prepared with one. Gloves from outside will be disposed of and all visitors will be required to wash their hands first thing upon entering the office.
- Only the patient is allowed in the office (no companions, please). ONE parent may accompany minor patients.Please try to limit personal items you bring into the office.
Day of appointment:
- When you arrive, park in the backside parking lot. Text or call 510-614-2020 from your car. Do not come to the door
- You will receive a text with a screening survey that must be filled out prior to meeting staff at the office door.
- Our staff will text or call you to let you know when to exit your vehicle and meet them at the entrance. Please wear your face mask.
- Your temperature and oxygen levels will be checked outside the entrance. If levels are within the acceptable range as indicated by the CDC, you may enter the office. Anyone required to enter the office will be screened in the above manner as well.
- Immediately upon entering the office, you are required to wash your hands for 20 seconds following the CDC
- During frame selection, you must keep your mask on. The frames will have been sanitized prior to your trying them on.
- Glasses dispenses will be by appointment only. We will have curbside glasses pick-up.